Monday 18 February 2013

Royal Duty Ch.13 TEASER :)

Hey all!

It's been a while, but it hasn't been as long as previous times!

Here's a little snippet of chapter 13, hope you enjoy!

****

Chapter 13 - Isolation


“I hope I’m not overstepping my mark, but he’s lucky to have someone like you to care for him, Bella. You’re facing this with more decorum than I could ever hope to manage," Ben declared.

I only smiled faintly in return.

I’d been wondering how I was managing to hold it together myself.

What had given me the sudden push to hold my head up high and deal with things rather than act out and complain that life wasn’t being fair to me?

I’d come to the conclusion that it was all Edward’s fault. There was something about him being around that made me – finally – want to be somewhat better.  Once I realised who he was, to me and in general, I didn’t want to be the immature little spoiled princess I’d been acting out so well in the previous weeks.

It made me queasy, thinking about the way he’d seen me behave; the things he’d heard me say; the ‘decorum’ I certainly hadn’t shown then. How could he possibly want anything to do with me after returning and finding out just who I had become, or who he thought I had become? I’d been brought up better than that, never mind being in line for the throne.  I’d always been taught to act civilly and always give thought to others. That had completely flown out the window when I’d been faced with Edward and the “situation.”

Now it all just seemed like an epic waste of time. Edward was lying in a hospital bed, severely ill, and completely unaware of the things that were changing in me.

I finally decided it was the fear of him changing his mind – of deciding he didn’t want me anymore – that was driving my need to step up and prove myself, both to him and for him.

“Let’s get scrubbed up shall we, and I’ll take you in.” I snapped out of my thoughts as Ben spoke up, finally putting Edward’s chart down.
****
Should be up by Thursday! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment