Sunday 7 April 2013

Royal Duty, Ch.14 TEASER :)

Hey all!

So it's been a while, but thank you to everyone who's kept in touch and continued to review!

I've moved the 2 hundred odd miles home for a six month summer holiday, quit my job and been offered a new one as of yesterday! Exciting stuff!

Andddddddddddddddd...through all that I've written you two new chapters :)

Ch.14 is with the beta at the moment, so should be with you all soon! In the meantime here's a little teaser to whet your appetite :)

****
Chapter 14 - Begin Again

...

Lord and Lady Masen had collaborated all those years ago to make sure the two of us ended up together, and when I first met Edward’s father, I couldn’t help the tiny twinge of suspicion as to why he’d help manufacture my promised husband all these years.

“Your  Highness,” he greeted me, shocking me even more than the hug his wife had just bestowed.

I guess I expected respect, but not the formality, not when he was friends with my parents and father to the man I was going to marry.

He bent and pressed a gentle kiss to my cheek before stepping back and securing his arm around his wife’s shoulder.

“Lord Masen,” I replied quietly, my eyes watching two nurses as they scurried past with sidelong looks in our direction.

“Please, call us Carlisle and Esme,” Lady Masen interjected, and I couldn’t help but notice that Lord Masen himself hadn’t volunteered that pleasantry.

“I’m honoured to finally meet you, I’m only sorry it’s under these circumstances.”

“Nonsense, my dear, the honour is ours. Why, we haven’t seen you since you were a little girl running around the palace causing havoc, not in person anyway.”

Esme laughed lightly and I couldn’t help but smile.

“I’m afraid I don’t remember,” I answered politely, noting the way Lord Masen’s eyebrows rose as he watched me closely. Feeling uncomfortable under his scrutiny, I changed the subject.

“My mother has set up an office if there is anything you would like to discuss with her. Unfortunately, my father is unwell and on bed rest at the palace.”

“We heard, we’ll look in on him when we go back for dinner,” Lord Masen answered, and I had my answer, they were staying at the palace for the foreseeable future.

“How is my boy?” Esme asked, her worried eyes glancing longingly at the door leading into Edward’s private suite.

“He’s stable according to the doctors. The medication is helping his body fight the attack, so he’s weak and unconscious, but he’s doing well supposedly. He’s under strict quarantine until the Doctor’s pronounce him safe from the TB, and then all visitors will be allowed.”

“Has anyone been in?” she asked, sadness for her son tinting her tone.

“I haven’t left his side,” I answered, clarifying when I saw her confused expression. “I didn’t want him to be alone, so I sort of forced Dr Reynolds allowed me in.”

“Thank you, sweetie, I’m glad he has you,” she answered softly, stepping out from under her husband’s arm to touch her hand to my cheek.

“Come, Carlisle, let us speak with Renee.”
****
See you in a few days!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment