Friday 17 May 2013

Royal Duty Ch.15 TEASER :)

Hey all!!

I know I told you all this chapter wouldn't be long, and I didn't lie, it truly has been written all this time, but I started a new full-time job and other such excuses that I won't bore you with!

The chapter is currently with my beta who is working her magic on it, so I thought I'd leave you with a lil sneak peak!

Hopefully I should have it up on Monday - my day off!

****

Chapter 15 - Coming Around


Twenty minutes later I was about as ready as I would ever be.

Alice, fidgeting, kept touching my hair and re-fixing the grips she’d placed at the front to keep it out of my face and I had to bat her hands away as she tried to redo it for the millionth time.

“You’re making me nervous, Ali, please.”

“Sorry.” Her lip disappeared between her teeth before she finally spit out what I assumed had really been on her mind all that time. “Do you know what you’re going to say?”

Her eyes flicked to the cards in my hand and I knew she’d seen the small amount of words on each one.

“Esme told me to tell the truth. And to follow my heart.”

A small smile lit up Alice’s face and she threw her arms around my shoulders. “Good luck,” she whispered before pulling back.

I nodded, squared my shoulders and let my security team lead me down the corridor to the elevator. They were never further than a metre from any side of me, and I watched as visitors and patients became curious by the large men in black suits, before their eyes widened on seeing me.

I was heir to their throne, there were very few people I would imagine didn’t know my face.

A lot of them stumbled through a curtsey or a bow, but most stood back against the wall and gaped as I made my way past. The ground floor, just inside the doors, was the worst. For such an early time of the morning, there were dozens of people milling around, all of whom came to a complete standstill as I made my way to the little podium that had been set up outside the doors.

What felt like thousands of light bulbs started flashing incessantly whenever the guys separated to present me to the waiting crowd of journalists and photographers. Some tried to shout out questions, most on top of one another and rendering it hopeless for me to make them out anyway.

I held a slightly trembling hand up, asking for quiet, and cleared my throat as I stepped closer to the microphone.

“Good morning everyone. Thank you for coming.

“My mother released a press statement on Sunday on behalf of our family, but we felt it better to personally address the stories surrounding my family and the palace within the media, with the truth.”
****

Story URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8247002/1/Royal-Duty
Banner URL: http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy130/LiveInDakota/RDBanner.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment