Saturday 17 November 2012

FMN Ch.50 Teaser :)

Yes, you read that correctly!! :D

After months of nothing, I am working on chapter 50! Can't believe there are that many chapters, and that we've been on this journey for so long!

I want to thank you all for sticking with me, I do know it's been a very long time since we started out and that your patience has been tested many times!

I can't give you a date as to when this chapter will be posted, but I'm 3000 words into it so it shouldn't be too long!

In the meantime, enjoy this little tease, and I'll speak to you all soon!

****

Chapter 50 - Just a Phone Call Away


My phone buzzed quietly from somewhere beside my ear and I rolled over, searching blindly on top of the covers for the little device. The screen lit up as I flipped it open, and everything around me just seemed to pause. I could no longer hear my dad or even the storm.

Edward had sent me a text.

My hands started to tremble as I remembered the last texts I had received from him. Sure enough, they were still there, three separate little bubbles of text one after the other.

I miss you.

I love you.

I’m sorry.

The newest one sat there underneath them, all innocent and innocuous. Just my name with a question mark, as if he wasn’t sure that was still my number. Granted, I could have changed it, so maybe he really was that unsure, but something told me he had no idea how else to start up a conversation, and giving the way I’d ended things and avoided him for weeks, I couldn’t exactly blame him.

It had been four days since our talk in the quad. I had spent my weekend in Port Angeles with Rose, first on Saturday shopping for a graduation dress, and again on Sunday with Alice too, both of them just spending an obscene amount of money on whatever grabbed their attention.

Alice said she just wanted to get out of the house. I was too chicken to ask her why. Rose never needed a reason to spend money. I was treated to lunch and we even had our nails done in a salon owned by one of Rose’s aunts.

Edward hadn’t come back to school after the weekend, and I knew it was because he was having a bad day. I hardly saw Alice all day, so I didn’t get to act on my new resolution to ask her how he was doing as often as I could.

But he was reaching out. He initiated our “friends” relationship by sending me a seemingly random text, but if he was having a bad day, then it was obvious it meant far more to him than that if he got a reply. My fingers could barely hit the right keys as I replied.
 
****
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment