Friday 20 July 2012

Beyond the Glass Ch.22 TEASER :D

Wow, no you didn't read that wrong, there really is a new chapter of BtG!!


I can't apologise enough for the wait you've all patiently endured, I know most of you already know that it just wasn't coming to me.


Thankfully most of you read more than one of my fics and haven't been compeletely starved, FMN is doing well! :P


Anyways, a little teaser for the next chapter to get you in the mood :D Oh, and a recap of what happened last might help :P


Previously - Jasper found out what Edward tried to do and walked out, stating that they were over and that Edward "ruins everything." Edward got his moment with Bella, told her the truth about his fear of her, kissed the girl numb and then got his heart broken when Bella told him Jasper had got there before him. He walked out, a broken man, and Bella realised the epic mistake she'd made. Since then, her music has been picking up on YouTube and James has turned into the star we all love. Bella confronted her mother about her savings and found herself her own place. She's moved out, moved on and moving up with her life, free of Edward, heartache and her mother.

Chapter 22 - A House is not a Home

I’d spent the better part of a month trying to forget about Edward and his departure, but no matter how hard I tried, it was still there. The feel of his hands on my skin, the taste of his mouth on mine. I heard the sound of his voice – quiet and reserved – as he told me the truth for the first time. I remembered the look in his eyes as he tried to make me understand.

Then I remembered the pain in my chest when I had to shatter his ideas, the tugging I felt deep inside as he walked away from me. The fissure I felt cracking open when Heidi told me he was gone, the shame I felt when I realized it was my fault. The disgust at myself when I realized I’d used two guys at the same time – two best friends – and pitted them against one another unknowingly. The hurt I felt when I lost both of them.

My fingers were flying over the keys angrily until the same melody sounded again and again. It smoothed out when I thought over all the headlines I’d read in that same month – the ones about me, the ones about Jasper, but mostly the ones about Edward.

He was back in New York, back to his old ways: the drinking, the girls, the parties. There was barely a day that went passed without a picture of him falling out of some club with two girls on his arm from the night before.

I fell silent. New York had never appealed to me, even when I’d stayed there, but I remembered Jamie saying it was by far the best city in the world. The soul, the music, the sounds, the feel, everything was alive he’d said. I wondered if Edward liked being there, if he felt alive while he was there.
For the first time since he’d left, I wished with every part of my being that he’d walk back through my door. Maybe he’d smile, or maybe he’d just smirk cockily as I lost my nerve with whatever I’d been playing. He’d sit on the couch behind Jamie, cross his legs at his ankles and stretch out like he owned the place, revelling in the way I completely fell apart in his presence.
God, I missed him.
****
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment