Tuesday 24 July 2012

Royal Duty Ch.6 TEASER :D

Hey all!!

This week's teaser is a few days early - see how much I appreciate you all? :P

Chapter 6 (this one) has been completely rewritten to mould into a plotline I didn't set out with in mind, but you guys were not enjoying the wait in the original, so the conversation in this chapter is at least 4 chapters earlier than planned...However, I'm sticking with some of my original ideas, so you won't get it all your way :P

I hope you enjoy this chapter, and think better of Bella, Edward and me, at the end of it :D

****

Chapter 6 - Fears and Fittings


I stared at him, not sure what, or even if, I was supposed to say something.

He raised his eyes, but they wouldn’t meet mine, and I found myself desperate to look into the deep green depths. I didn’t know him very well, but I already knew that any time I looked into his eyes, I’d see the truth and know where I stood – he didn’t even need to say anything.

Suddenly, insecurities I didn’t even know I’d been harbouring surfaced in me, making it harder to breathe.

“You’re leaving…” I whispered. The pain those simple words caused me nearly knocked the wind out of me as I sat up straighter and brought myself closer to him. I knew, right then, that despite everything I’d put him through, and the fact that it would be my fault if he did, I didn’t want him to go.

His head snapped up, shock and confusion written across his face, but a tiny bit of acceptance lingering in his eyes. It was like I had just made up his mind for him. I felt foolish, he hadn’t been thinking of that at all, but I’d just put the idea in his head.

“I’ve been trying so hard, Bella. You don’t even seem to care that we’re in this together…” He shook his head in frustration. Standing up, the hand that I’d been about to lay on his fell back to my lap and he stared down at it in silence.

“I-I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know what I was supposed to feel. I still don’t know how I’m supposed to feel. It’s like everyone around me is expecting something and I don’t know if I’m feeling it because they want me to or because I actually, truly do. I feel so angry that I was lied to, misled, when you weren’t.

“Five years is a long time, Edward. It might not seem like it, and I get that this was forced on you, too, I do, but you’ve had five years. I haven’t even had five weeks…”

Tears leaked from the corners of my eyes and I brushed them away angrily.

****
The chapter should be up by the weekend :D I'll be replying to all your reviews between now and then so look out for that too :D
See you soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment