Sunday 5 August 2012

Royal Duty Ch.7 TEASER :D

Hey all!

Tis that time, Edward is back and things are moving forward! Yay, let's get on with it shall we?

Enjoy x

****

Chapter 7 - The Engagement Party


Our engagement interview was aired that night on the six o’clock news. The reporters remarked on how happy and relaxed we looked together, how naturally we seemed to handle the questions, the sadness surrounding our story, and the fairytale ending we seemed to have secured.

The engagement was everywhere. Only one official photo had been released, a shot of the two of us standing arm in arm, my engagement ring in full view and smiles on both of our faces.

My dress and hair were critiqued in every magazine, and it didn’t take long for copies to hit the shelves for the “everyday” woman to purchase.

I tried to ignore everything as much as I could. Instead, I found myself in a constant bubble of thought. Thoughts that only centred on one thing: Edward. I couldn’t get him out of my head. Every time I turned a corner in the palace I thought saw him. Every time I heard someone speaking with a similar tone of voice, my heart went into overdrive.

When he told me he was leaving, I knew I’d miss him, but I wasn’t aware of just how much.

My mother had knocked on the door to my suite the night he left to tell me his car had just pulled out of the garage. She seemed surprised that he had packed a few bags into the boot, but I reassured her he was coming back. Or at least, I thought I was reassuring her. It turned out I was trying to assure myself.

“Honey, that boy is mad about you. Nothing would be able to keep him away.” She held me close, and for the first time in weeks, I let someone else comfort me.

“But why? I don’t get it, I’ve been so mean to him…” I shuddered at the thought, and my mother’s arms tightened around me as she rocked me back and forth on the sofa.

“Have you spoken to him? Really spoken to him?” she prodded.

I nodded my head and pulled back, letting her take my hands in hers and gazing upon her soft features.

“He told me he’d wait for as long as it took for me to trust him before we got married, but it seemed like he wanted to say something else.” I knew in my heart what it was; he wanted me to love him before we got married, but saying it aloud was a terrifying thought.

“He said he wrote the story we told the press and that it wasn’t a lie…I don’t understand what he was talking about. I was too busy trying to think up ways to make him stay…but he left, mother. He’s gone…”

“But he is coming back…Isabella, these last few weeks have been hard on him, too. He has no family here, no friends. I know he hoped you two would become close, but you haven’t given him the chance to get to know you…he just needs a couple of weeks to find his bearings and probably say goodbye to his old life.”
****

Should be up in the next few days!

Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. I've just read all that's posted so far it's great I can't wait for more !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just read all that's posted so far it's great I can't wait for more !!!

    ReplyDelete