Wednesday 15 August 2012

Royal Duty Ch.8 TEASER :D

Hey everybody!

If you haven't already heard, my poor little laptop has a serious virus at the moment!! Unfortunately, this means that while it's been down for the last week, I've dropped behind on my pre-written chapters.

I do have three pre-written chapters of Royal Duty left, but I'd like to let you know that I'm going to space out my updates by a few more days - so ten days instead of a week - that kind of thing, just so I can get back on top of things.

As I said at the start, this fic isn't particularly long. I'm trying to get it finished in 20 chapters, but if you  know me, then you'll know that probably won't happen. I'm hoping anyways!!

So, I'm managing to get this out to you in the mean time, and I'd like you all to cross your fingers that I can continue to use my laptop for the next few days because between my four in progress fics, I have a lot of shit to do!!

I hope to have this chapter up by the weekend, and I hope you enjoy the teaser in the meantime :D:D

Onwards...

Chapter 8 - Show Time


“He should be in bed,” she remarked kindly.

“I asked him if he was up to it, but he was insistent.”

“Of course he was. This is your engagement party. And in that dress? You can’t blame him for wanting every man in this room to see you with him.” My jaw dropped as Alison giggled lightly. I was unsure as to whether Alec had filled her in on “the situation,” but her next comment told me he hadn’t.

“That boy is mad about you. He probably didn’t want to let you down. Maybe you could play it off as him being lovesick?” She giggled again, and I tried to join in but it died in my throat, making her look at me in concern.

“I didn’t mean to speak out of turn, Princess. Forgive me.” She bowed her head slightly, and I told myself to get a grip.

“Not at all, Alison. There is nothing to forgive. I’m a little nervous tonight, is all.”

“He won’t let you down, Princess, he’s been waiting for tonight for a very long time after all. I guess you both have.” She smiled as Alec and Edward re-joined us, taking her husband’s arm and both of them bidding us goodbye.

I played her words down. She’d clearly just read the article and, like was supposed to happen, believed every word. It did surprise me that Alec hadn’t told her the truth about us, however. Before she was diagnosed with cancer, she used to work in the palace gardens and, like her husband, knew everything that went on behind its doors.

My hand was back in Edward’s, and I didn’t know how it got there. Had I reached out and weaved my fingers through his without realising? Or was I so caught up in the riddles I’d been living with for weeks that I hadn’t noticed Edward’s gentle touch. I turned to find him with his eyes shut and breathing deeply and decided I must have done it because he was in no state to do anything
****
See you all soon!! xx

1 comment:

  1. Still no clue has she??? Edward must be so frustrated lol I know I am

    ReplyDelete